Monday, March 30, 2009

Thai-Style Stir-Fry

This was sooo yummy and I just threw it together using stuff I already had.

I had a partial package of rice noodles left, brought some water to a boil, then placed the noodles in and took of the heat and let them sit until done. Drained and rinsed in cold water and then let them sit in a pan of cold water until needed.

Sauteed some garlic and onion until slightly brown, added chopped carrot and sauteed a little longer. Then added baby bok choy, kale and edamame.

Meanwhile, I sliced up some extra-firm tofu into cubes and cooked in soy sauce until it started to brown.

For the sauce I heated 2 cups of water and added 2 Tbs of "chicken" broth powder. About 1-2 Tbs of Mirin (Japanese rice wine) about 1 Tbs of lime juice, some fresh peeled and grated ginger, red chili flakes to taste and about 1-2 Tbs of corn starch.

When the veggies were done, I added the sauce and let it cook until it started to thicken. Then added the tofu and the drained rice noodles until heated through.



I want some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment