Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spaghetti and Roasted Yellow Beets and Greens

I was exhausted the other night, so my lovely DH made the sauce for this dinner. I am not exactly sure what spices he put in, but I do know there are some mushrooms and chickpeas-if ya want the recipe I will let him know. We used half whole wheat and half spelt noodles and I topped mine with ground cashews and nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.

The yellow beets I peeled and sliced and tossed in olive oil and rosemary and roasted in the oven, stirring occasionally until tender and slightly brown. I sauteed the beet greens and some kale on the stove top with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar until the leaves wilt and the balsamic has carmelized slightly. Add a little more rosemary and some sea salt and pepper. DH used to hate beets until I made this for him. So yummy, I could eat it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment